The Leap in Memoriam Herman Brood - Xandra Brood
On July 11, 2001, artist, singer, rock-n-roll hero, addict, father and husband Herman Brood committed suicide, jumping from the roof of the Hilton. In this book, which was presented on July 11, 2002, his wife Xandra Brood and sister Beppie tell what his life has been like.
A year later, De Sprong, a memorial book to Herman Brood, was published. The book, in a sturdy format and richly illustrated, was compiled by Xandra Brood and Herman's sister Beppie. From the content:
- Herman's farewell letter;
- the speeches of Jules Deelder, Bart Chabot, Beppie Brood, Brenda, Lola and Xandra;
- the Hilton and Dante condolence books;
- the condolences sent to the family;
- newspaper reports about the funeral;
- material from Herman Brood's private collection.
In addition, facsimiles of drawings and poems and photographs by many well-known photographers are included.